1. P. Schulz, H. Klessig, M. Simsek, G. Fettweis, “Modeling and Improving Buffered Video Streaming QoE in Interference-Limited Cellular Networks”, submitted to IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communications, 2017.
2. D. Öhmann, A. Awada, I. Viering, M. Simsek, G. Fettweis, “Multi-Connectivity and Interference Mitigation for High Availability in Wireless Networks”, submitted to IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2017.
3. M. Simsek, D. Öhmann, D. Zhang, M. Matthé, and G. Fettweis, “On the Flexibility and Autonomy of 5G Wireless Networks”, invited submission in IEEE Access, vol. 5, no.1, pp. 22823-22835, Dec. 2017.
4. K. Vasudeva, M. Simsek, D. Lopez-Perez, and I. Guvenc, “Analysis of Handover Failures in Heterogeneous Networks with Fading”, in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 6060-6074, July 2017.
5. P. Schulz, H. Klessig, M. Matthé, M.Simsek, G. Fettweis, et al., “Latency Critical IoT Applications in 5G: Perspective on the Design of Radio Interface and Network Architecture,” in IEEE Communications Magazine, Special Issue on Practical Perspectives on IoT in 5G Networks: From Theory to Industrial Challenges and Business Opportunities, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 70-78, Feb. 2017.
6. F. Tesema, A. Awada, I. Viering, M. Simsek, and G. Fettweis, “Evaluation of Context-Aware Mobility Robustness Optimization and Multi-Connectivity in Intra-Frequency 5G Ultra Dense Networks,” in IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, vol. PP, no. 99, 2016.
7. M. Simsek, A. Aijaz, M. Dohler, J. Sachs, and G. Fettweis, “5G-Enabled Tactile Internet,” invited submission in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas of Communication (JSAC), SI on Emerging Technologies, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 1-14, 2016.
8. D. Öhmann, A. Awada, I. Viering, M. Simsek, and G. Fettweis, “SINR Model with Best Server Association for High Availability Studies of Wireless Networks,” in IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, WCL-2015-0652, Oct. 2015.
9. H. Klessig, D. Öhmann, H. Hatzikirou, M. Abedi, A. Reppas, M. Simsek, and G. Fettweis, “From Immune Cells to Self-Organizing Ultra-Dense Small Cell Networks,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (JSAC), vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 800-811, May 2016.
10. S. Berger, M. Simsek, A. Fehske, P. Zanier, I. Viering, and G. Fettweis, “Joint Downlink and Uplink Tilt-Based Self-Organization of Coverage and Capacity Under Sparse System Knowledge,” in IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, vol. PP, no. 99, Apr. 2015.
11. M. Simsek, M. Bennis, and I. Guvenc, “Mobility Management in HetNets: A Learning Based Perspective,” in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (Section: SI: Technical Advances in the Design and Deployment of Future Heterogeneous Networks), 2015:16, Feb. 2015.
12. M. Simsek, M. Bennis, and I. Guvenc, “Learning Based Frequency- and Time-Domain Inter-Cell Interference Coordination in HetNets,” in IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, vol. PP, no. 99, Dec. 2014.
13. M. Bennis, M. Simsek, W. Saad, S. Valentin, M. Debbah, and A. Czylwik, “When Cellular Meets WiFi in Wireless Small Cell Networks,” in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 51 no. 6, Jun. 2013. Among TEN MOST POPULAR articles published in IEEE ComSoc in June and July 2013.